Laser Hair Removal
Keeping your body free of unwanted hair has recently become a generally accepted norm. Smooth skin is one of the few phenomena that we can hardly expect to get out of fashion, regardless if it concerns the commonly exposed areas or our intimate parts, where we remove hare not only for aesthetic reasons but also as part of personal hygiene.
- Laser hair removal is based on transmission of the laser beam along the hair into the hair follicle, which is instantly destroyed and becomes inactive. Laser beam is targeted into the hair follicle using the pigment; for this reason, only at least partially coloured hairs can be successfully removed. The results of the removal of light hair may not be fully satisfactory and may require more laser treatment sessions.
- Palomar laser outperforms its competitors mainly thanks to its unique head-cooling system - Advanced Contact Cooling, which ensures maximum comfort of the client. Thanks to this, the treatment is considered painless. However, anaesthetic agents may be applied to sensitive areas or any other areas if agreed upon with the physician.
- In order to achieve permanent hair removal it is necessary to undergo several treatment sessions, on average 6 to 8 within 6 weeks. The main reason for repeating the treatment is the fact that the hair follicle can only be completely destroyed if the hair is in the active growth phase, in which the follicle contains most pigment and the laser beam can easily identify it. The growth stages of hairs are similar to the process of the renewal of hair on the head, which also takes place at regular intervals. Thus, to remove all hairs, it is important to cover the most sensitive stage of the growth of all hair follicles.
- It is always necessary to consult a specialist since the client's ideas might sometimes differ from the existing methods that can be used to solve a particular problem.
- On the day you come to the clinic, hair should be grown to at least 0.5 mm, which means that you shouldn't shave it for about 24 hours before the laser treatment. 4 weeks before the treatment it is not recommended to remove hair with wax, sugar paste or use any other methods of removing hair with roots.
- As the laser beam is directed into the hair follicle via pigment, treatment is not recommended for tanned or otherwise pigmented skin. It is absolutely necessary to avoid direct exposure to sunlight for 7 days after the procedure and use SPF 40 (or higher) sunscreens. If you fail to do so, the treated areas might develop unwanted pigmentation.
Pigment spots and their removal
You would hardly find a person who would not rejoice in warm sunshine. Sunshine is nice, yet treacherous. If you fail to use high-quality, high-factor sunscreens, you run a risk of developing pigment spots. However, even such conditions can be solved by a specialist in aesthetic medicine. In a special aesthetic treatment, the laser beam is targeted to the place with larger clusters of pigment cells that form spots or speckles, leaving the surrounding tissue unharmed. In a short moment, the laser beam breaks pigment clusters into tiny particles that are then taken away by white blood cells and washed away in the blood stream. The treatment takes only several minutes, depending on the extent of the treated area.
- Be prepared that the removal of pigment spots might require more treatment sessions (usually 2 to 4) depending on the nature of pigmentation.
- When treating larger areas it is recommended to first test the laser on a small patch of skin, so that the client could see the results of the treatment without incurring high financial costs; the test will also allow the physician to select optimal laser parameters.
- For most clients, pigment spot removal is fairly painless. The treatment is perceived as “pinching”. In most cases, use of anaesthetic agents is not necessary. However, at the client's request and in case of treating larger areas of the skin, local anaesthesia can be used.
- It is absolutely necessary to avoid direct exposure to sunlight for 7 days after the after the procedure and protect the skin with SPF 40 (or higher) sunscreens. If you fail to do so, the treated areas might develop unwanted pigmentation.
- Before treating any pigmented lesions it is necessary that the site be examined by a dermatologist. If you can't visit your dermatologist and bring his/her written consent to the treatment to our clinic before the procedure, we can arrange an examination by a dermatologist at our clinic.
Spider veins and their removal
Spider veins are not just minor vascular defects seen on the skin in the face or legs; they can have a much larger and more visible form called “rosacea” popularly known as “the curse of the Celts”. Special laser head is capable of removing all vascular defects in the face and on the whole body without damaging the surrounding tissue. It offers high comfort of use while bringing visible results within a few days.
- The duration of the procedure depends on the severity of the problem, generally from a few seconds to tens of minutes. Very good outcomes are achieved after 1 session only. However, in more severe cases, 2 or more treatment sessions may be necessary.
- The treatment is perceived by the client as tiny, painless pinching. In case of treating larger areas of skin or at the client's request, anaesthetic agents can be applied to the skin.
- Recovery is individual and depends on the extent of the treated area and the type of treatment.
- The results of the treatment can be seen immediately. Minor bruises may develop after the treatment; yet, they disappear very quickly. Bruises on the face can be covered with a concealer or make-up.
- It is necessary to avoid exposure to intensive sunlight immediately after the laser treatment and protect the skin with SPF 40 - 100 sunscreens for 4 weeks after the the procedure.
An inevitable part of aging, wrinkles will once affect all of us. So why not try and postpone their formation or at least make them less visible? Don't sit waiting for wrinkles to arrive, be quicker! The new special laser head offers rejuvenating treatment for the skin, which will not cause any significant complications or limitations for the client's professional or social life. Unlike traditional CO2 fractional laser treatment, which is painful and requires the client to stay resting for rather a long period of time, the fractional nonablative laser uses laser light pulses that bring excellent long-term results after just one treatment session, with no need of time for recovery. Laser light penetrates into the appropriate layer of the skin and the skin reacts by forming collagen which suppresses formation of wrinkles. The outer skin layer remains intact.
- The procedure is very well tolerated and the client may perceive only a slight burning sensation after the treatment. If performed on the whole face, the procedure takes about 30 minutes. Immediately after the treatment, the skin usually gets slightly red and burns. Approximately 5 days after the treatment, the skin slightly peels, revealing and a new, rejuvenated skin layer with an improved texture, uniform colour and an even surface.
- New collagen fibres will continue forming for several weeks after the procedure and the skin will smooth out. Collagen fibres will reach the peak of activity approximately within 4 weeks. It is not necessary to repeat the treatment to achieve very good outcomes – they are are produced by one session only. Repeated procedures can be performed at 8 week intervals.
- As with any other laser treatment it is necessary to protect the skin against the sun for about 4 weeks after the treatment. Use special skin creams with high SPF (40 – 100).
Scars and their removal
Scars on our body show what you've been through, but why keep these skin imperfections if modern technologies can help you get rid of them? Early treatment of scars with laser beam technology brings one of the best results ever. Laser scar removal is an excellent method of smoothing scars after acne, plastic surgeries and surgical procedures as well as burn scars. Scars can be removed only after they are fully healed, i.e. 6 months after injury. Laser treatment is highly recommended for raised (hypertrophic) and keloid scars.
- Treatment of acne scarring of the face takes about 30 minutes. Shortly after the procedure you may perceive a slight burning sensation at the treatment site, which may get slightly red. This can be very easily reduced by cooling the site with cold compresses. 5 days after the treatment, the skin will lightly peel to reveal a renewed, refreshed and smoother skin.
- In any other part of the body, scar removal follows the same methods as wrinkle or stretch mark removal. Fractional nonablative laser is used to hit the bottom layer of the skin containing collagen fibres, whose activity it stimulates. The upper layer of the skin remains intact.
- Generally, the sooner you come to treat scarring, the better results can be achieved. However, the appearance of scars can be improved even in case of old and stiff scars.
- As with any other laser treatment, the skin needs to be protected against the sun for about 4 weeks after the procedure. You should use special skin creams with high SPF (40 – 100).
Stretch marks and their removal
With the joyful arrival of a child, a woman's body often suffers unpleasant consequences. Due to extreme stretching of the skin on the tummy, hips and buttocks, cracks are formed in the subcutaneous tissue. They are known as stretch marks or striae. Initially they present as dark purple open “streaks” that gradually fade and contract over time, gaining a silvery tinge. Stretch marks may also be due to large weight fluctuations or quick growth in the adolescence. Palomar Laser is one of the few lasers in the world capable of significantly improving or even removing stretch marks that are less than 2 years old.
- The laser is equipped with a special head allowing quick and painless treatment of larger areas of the body. An array of laser micro-beams penetrates into the deep subcutaneous layers, stimulating the formation of collagen and improving the colour, texture and tone of the skin.
- Following the procedure, the client might experience a burning or itching sensation. This can be reduced by cooling the site with cold compresses and by allowing the skin at the treated site to sufficiently breathe. For this reason it is not recommended to wear too tight clothes.
- As with wrinkle and scar treatment, the maximum effect is achieved in about 4 weeks after the procedure.
- The rule governing stretch mark treatment is “the sooner the better”. The number of treatment sessions is highly individual, but as the Palomar laser is regarded one of the most effective technologies, very good results are in most cases achieved as soon as after the first session.